OBJECTIVE: Under the direction of Transportation, the Class C driver drives a box truck following guidelines of all federal and state laws, and is responsible for off-loading the product at the customer’s location, following company standards and rules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. DRIVING: Following state, and federal regulations, drives a large box truck safely from the distribution area to all points of distribution and returns.
2. PAPERWORK: Under the direction Quality Custom Distribution and Starbucks, the driver is responsible for accurately maintaining a record of the trip on the manifest.
3. UNLOADING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures (QIP) and Quality Custom Distribution Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately unloading the customer’s order.
Driver is also responsible for reconciling any over, short, or damaged product, which may occur.
4. BACKHAULING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures and Quality Custom Distribution Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately receiving product from vendors, reconciling any over, short, or damaged products, and driving product safely back to the Center. Also, responsible for verifying shippers count.
5. SAFETY: Performs all tasks to assure personal safety, safety of others and protection of the QCD and its equipment.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
• Has a currently valid driver’s license issued from one state or jurisdiction
• 2-5 years minimum driving experience with an accident-free driving record
• Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
• Functional mobility and physical strength consistent with the essential job
functions but not limited to the ability to stand, sit, walk, climb, kneel, bend, twist, lift, carry, push, pull, and maintain balance in awkward positions
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions, directions, schedules, policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to maintain professional customer service relationships while reconciling over, short, and damage consistent with the essential job functions
• Previous experience preferred in delivery of partial shipments with responsibility to customer services and invoices