Position Summary (Job Description):
Receives, selects, stores and loads products and/or materials, and maintans packaging and palletizing material for finished product. Safely operates all material handling equipment. Accurately completes all associated paper work. Maintains clean work area consistent with company standards and from a safety, food safety, quality and efficient perspective.
General Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health, safety, food safety, and quality standards, legal compliance, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
2. Under the direction of the warehouse supervisor, continuously picks, lifts, carries and places product into a pallet to accurately build customer orders in various temperature environments. Moves product into a trailer or storage unit, is responsible for visually inspecting incoming and outgoing warehouse products to determine acceptability for shipment and/or receiving of product.
3. Reads labels and or printing on product containers and associated documents. Counts and calculates quantity of product to verify accuracy of shipment.
4. Must be able to consistently meet company safety, accuracy and productivity standards. Steps into the driving position and uses full range of peripheral vision to operate a forklift or pallet jack in an accident free manner.
5. Pre-weigh raw ingredients for the compounding deck by following instructions on batch card.
6. Uses brooms, mops and other cleaning materials (including solvents and soaps) to clean work area. Completes any other functions that may be assigned.
Qualifications Required of this Position:
Licensed fork lift operator with a minimum of six months of safe operation of material handling equipment. Able to perform accurate visual inspections and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds. Possess reading and basic math skills. Physically capable of standing, walking and twisting while carrying 50 pound objects. HS Diploma or equivalent required.