JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of general microbiological needs as required to ensure compliance with company, customer, and product specifications, safety, and sanitation standards.
1. Ensures all finished products are microbiologically tested in a timely manner.
2. Using Aseptic technique to minimize the potential contamination.
3. Analyzes finished microbiological testing to ensure all results are within specification compliance, notifies QA management when not in compliance, and assists in investigation and resolution of issues.
4. Generate microbiological media as needed.
5. Routinely interacts with QA technicians and supervisors to ensure finished products are collected routinely and accurately.
6. Maintains records and logs of tests, and other quality procedures to ensure availability of accurate and thorough information.
7. Inventory control of QA and Microbiological supplies.
8. Assists in any microbiological sanitation duties as necessary.
9. Calibrate and maintain testing equipment to ensure accuracy and reliability of QA procedures.
10. Performs environmental swabs as necessary.
11. Collaborates with other GSF plants on micro-related issues.
12. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
• Teamwork within the department and across departments
• Project/assignment standards
• Customer satisfaction
• Safety standards and procedures: food
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
BS or MS in food science microbiology, or related, from an accredited college or university.
A minimum of 2-4 years of relevant work experience, with an understanding of food safety and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Food safety concepts and techniques (B)
• Food chemistry (B)
• Food microbiology (J)
• Quality assurance concepts and techniques (J)
• HACCP programs and related food safety regulations and processes (B)
• Food processing equipment (B)
• Food testing concepts and techniques (J)
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software (B)