- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Must be able to read batch pick sheets, pull products and supplies.
- Must be able to supply production department.
- Must be able to ship and receive all materials on trucks and rail cars.
- Must be able to connect and disconnect rail cars and bulk tankers to flow panels.
- Must be able to read and understand bills of lading.
- Must be able to store, inventory and keep stock in proper rotation.
- Must be able to understand and support the recycling and sustainability efforts of the facility.
- Must be able to control and clean up spill on the yard.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Ability to operate sit down lift trucks.
- Reach horizontally and vertically for material/product.
- Remove unusable product from conveyors, pallets, boxes or floor.
- Lift cases of product or ingredient packaging.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Sit 8 or more hours per day.
- Stand/walk 7 or more hours per day.
- Constantly using eye/hand and eye/hand/foot coordination while operating lift truck and the computer system.
- Constantly handle/finger, grip/grasp and use fine motor tasks while operating lift truck and computer system.
- Constantly talk/hear and taste/smell.
- Frequently bend, reach, twist/turn and climb.
- Occasionally squat.
- Occasionally lift less than 5 lbs from floor to overhead and carry 30 feet.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder and carry 30 feet.
- Occasionally lift up to 100 lbs from floor to shoulder and carry 5 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment with fumes or airborne debris.
- Constantly work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold.
- Constantly work on equipment causing whole-body vibration.
- Occasionally work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Occasionally work in high places.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform or smock.
- Thermal gloves.
- Sit down lift trucks.
- Knife and small hand tools.