- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Monitor atmosphere (oxygen and carbon dioxide) readings throughout the department.
- Cook and evaluate product for sensory and physical attributes.
- Collect samples and measure product specifications (patty weight, thickness, etc.).
- Set-up and enter data into statistical process control computer software (AppStats or other).
- Set-up, maintain, disassemble, and clean the equipment and other tools used in quality monitoring (calibration wands, calipers, scales, cooking grill, etc.).
- Check proper operation of all Metal Detection throughout the department.
- Calibrate equipment and tools necessary for completion of activities (scale, grill, etc.).
- Continuous monitoring of the quality of the product, packaging, and processing environment.
- Identify, record, and report any out of conformance product, equipment, or situations to a supervisor. Deviations may be determined through operational observations or evaluation of monitoring data.
- Responsible for completing accurate, legible quality monitoring records and/or automated data entry.
- Measure finished product temperature.
- Evaluation of finished product packaging for integrity of the container, ensure that it has been properly assembled, and check for visible damage.
- Evaluation of finished product packaging code(s) for proper placement, legibility, and accuracy.
- Verify that finished product scales, and the scale operators are continuously accurate by:
- Weighing finished product boxes after the scale.
- Conducting patty counts on cases of finished product after the scale.
- Sample, weigh, and calculate Misting Weights of fresh versus frozen product.
- Performing other related and assigned duties as necessary (room temperature, micro swabs, quality audits, retests, tare weight checks, projects, etc.).
- Monitoring processing area for evidence of condensation and notify Operations Supervisor if condensation is present.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Lift patty boxes.
- Retrieve patties.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 7 or more hours per day.
- Constantly reach horizontally and vertically to retrieve/test patties and monitor metal detectors.
- Constantly grip/grasp, twist/turn, handle/finger, talk/hear, and use eye/hand coordination.
- Constantly lift up to 50 lbs up to waist level.
- Constantly carry up to 5 lbs 10 feet.
- Frequently bend, taste/smell and use fine motor tasks.
- Frequently carry up to 25 lbs 15 feet.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, squat, and climb.
- Occasionally carry up to 50 lbs (boxes of patties) 15 feet.
- Push/pull patty boxes 5 feet requiring 10 lbs of force.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid, and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold (40-45 degrees).
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work near fumes or airborne debris.
- Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental vibration.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and smock.
- Rubber and cotton gloves.
- Appstats computer.
- Calipers, scales, and oxygen monitor.
- Calculator and radio.