- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to use effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to use mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in accordance with production paperwork.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Disassemble and re-assemble equipment in congested areas and awkward positions.
- Hose down machines, conveyors, floors, etc.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 8 or more hours per day.
- Constantly bend, reach, twist/turn, talk/hear and taste/smell.
- Constantly use eye/hand and eye/hand/foot coordination to use tools and operate machinery.
- Frequently squat and grip/grasp buckets, hoses and brushes.
- Frequently handle/finger and fine motor tasks to remove equipment, plastic wrap, tools and operate CIP program.
- Frequently lift less than 5 lbs from floor to overhead and carry 100 feet.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl and climb stairs/ladders.
- Occasionally lift up to 100 lbs from floor to waist.
- Occasionally carry up to 100 lbs 25 feet.
- Occasionally carry up to 50 lbs 100 feet.
- Push carts of chemicals requiring 30 lbs of force 50 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment with fumes or airborne debris.
- Constantly work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold (68-80 degrees).
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work in high places.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform.
- Nitrile gloves, plastic apron, and plastic sleeves.
- Cut resistant gloves.
- Pouch machine, conveyors and clean-in-place (CIP) system.
- Food safety knife and small hand tools.
- Water hose.
- Scour pad, brushes, buckets, mops, etc.