Performs daily transportation functions as directed by Supervisor. Operates diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination trucks to transport and deliver products. Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways. Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck conditions. Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations and other federal and company required records/logs. May be required to perform product backhaul when returning from dispatched route. Unloads/loads product at store with assistance from store personnel.
Earn up to $80,000 Annually Plus $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Opportunity for additional $ in attendance/performance incentives
Local In-Store Deliveries
Experience the QCD difference! Due to high growth in our nation-wide business, we have expanded our distribution operations to Indianapolis area with a new distribution center. With QCD it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
WHO WE ARE
Quality Custom Distribution (QCD) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Golden State Foods which is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the Quick Service Restaurant industry. QCD has been providing custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. QCD is a multi-stop, regional delivery service with a focus on customer service. Our business philosophy actively supports our associates through our (4) core values:
As a member of the QCD team you will experience:
At GSF, we believe that investing in our associates strengthens our culture and fuels our growth. We care about your well-being, and will support you with the following:
• Paid time off, including paid leave (in compliance with state and local regulations), vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, and bereavement. Associates accrue 1 hour for every 40 hours worked of sick time off. Additionally, associates accrue 1 week of vacation time in their first year of employment with 9 holidays per year.
• Comprehensive benefits package to support our associates and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee-Funded 401(k), Teamsters Pension, Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Associate Development via Education Reimbursement and/or Scholarships, virtual courses, or classroom development experiences.
• Please note that the compensation details listed in postings reflect the base pay only.
* The expected range for this position is $27.15 / hour
Location, confirmed job-related skills, education, experience, and relevant training will be considered in setting the actual starting salary.
Some specifics about Driving with us:
Qualifications Required of this Position:
Software Powered by iCIMS