Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred from an accredited college or university.
5 or more years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Project management concepts and techniques (J)
- Regulatory policies and procedures (J)
- Budgetary concepts and procedures (J)
- PC word processing/spreadsheet/presentation/database software (J)
- Continuous Improvement concepts and processes (E)
Skill and ability to:
- Strategically influence all levels of the organization.
- Serve as a team member, facilitator and/or leader as the team role warrants
- Manage and motivate employees in a team-based environment
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of customers
- Travel via airplane and drive an automobile
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed
- Experience / working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies – TPM, lean manufacturing, IWS, etc.
- Ability to teach, coach, & develop others – both on the plant floor & on the plant leadership team
- Long term planning (strategic) with intermediate actions along the way (tactical)
- Process-driven, loss-focused, results-oriented approach
- Problem solving skill-set (by degree – engineering or by experience)
- Proven leadership skills
- Collaboration – ability to partner with & influence others
May manage various external vendors.
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Training budget and related expenses
- Productivity/quality standards: return to work
Regulatory compliance and training (GMP, HACCP, OSHA)
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee development to meet GSF’s projected near- and mid-term objectives