- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Must perform lockout tagout as required by company standards.
- Must be able to operate multiple pieces of equipment including small, large and round dipping cup machines.
- Must be aware of all emergency stops and pinch points caused by moving machinery including energized equipment by air or electrical.
- Must be able to identify correct film, correct boxes, correct lids, correct cups, and correct coding.
- Must be able to change cups, lids, heat seal pads, slitter blades, and change film while following proper film loading/ film splicing procedure.
- Must be able to perform weight adjustments to maintain proper product weights.
- Must work with other team members to maintain standard changeovers while ensuring line efficiencies.
- Must be able to properly troubleshoot and correct minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to fully and accurately document line production by filling out inspection record/downtime sheets as well as metal detection information.
- Must be able to identify proper product flow from hold tanks through flow panels to cup machines.
- Must be able to disassemble production equipment: clean, rinse and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals, and COP (Clean Out of Place) process.
- Must be able to reassemble production equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing proper cleaning utensils, chemicals, and CIP (Clean In Place) process.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain flow of product through machine.
- Remove unusable product from machine, conveyors, boxes or floor.
- Safely hose down machines or conveyors.
- Change film rolls.
- Lift cases of product.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk 7 or more hours per day.
- Constantly reach, twist/turn, talk/hear, and taste/smell.
- Constantly use eye/hand coordination to operate machinery.
- Constantly lift from knee to shoulder and carry less than 5 pounds 30 feet.
- Frequently use eye/hand/foot coordination when using pallet jack.
- Frequently climb stairs or ladders to clear box jams.
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs from floor to shoulder.
- Occasionally lift up to 100 lbs from floor to waist.
- Occasionally lift over 100 lbs with another person from floor to waist.
- Occasionally carry up to 50 lbs 30 feet.
- Push film cart requiring 12 lbs of force 50 feet.
- Pull open cup denester requiring 39 lbs of force.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment with fumes or airborne debris.
- Constantly work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Constantly work in extreme heat/cold.
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Occasionally work in high places.
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and uniform or smock.
- Cut resistant gloves.
- Nitrile gloves, plastic apron, and plastic sleeves.
- Cup machine, scale, burst detector and conveyors.
- Food safety knife and small hand tools.
- Manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Lockout locks and tags.