Golden State Foods is seeking an experienced Senior Blue Yonder WMS Engineer to join the WMS IT team. You will be responsible for taking technical ownership of the GSF WMS platform. The ideal candidate for this position will be hands-on, resourceful and have strong problem solving and communication skills.
(% of time may vary depending on assignments/projects)
1. Projects and Enhancements
· Design, develop, test and debug solutions on GSF’s WMS / WLM instances.
· Develop custom solutions as needed by leveraging web services, 3rd party integrations and internal data sources.
· Act as the technical lead for any WMS rollout projects.
· Collaborate with all key functions within IT (e.g., Infrastructure, Integrations, PMO, Security) and the business to ensure cohesive solutions and coordinated deployments.
· Document and communicate all technical aspects of work performed.
2. Requirements and Design
· Participates with BSAs and the business in discovery sessions and help clarify the business problems, pain-points, and opportunities.
· Participates in requirements and design sessions to ensure solutions are sustainable and cost effective.
· Works closely with project managers to ensure milestone and dependencies are represented in work break-downs in project and cut-over plans
· Applies experience and best practice and leverages 3rd parties to deliver solutions that are realistic and supportable.
· Documents and communicate all technical aspects of design
3. Optimize and Support
· Troubleshoots any technical issues with the WMS platform. Work with other IT teams and 3rd parties as needed.
· Optimize and maintain the JDA platform (patches, upgrades, archive job maintenance)
· Ensure all source control artifacts are updated. Constantly seeks opportunities to automate any build and deploy activities
· Participate in the on-call production support rotation
· Participate in and follow production change management processes and policies
· Stay updated on applicable trends and new technologies
· Maintains awareness of the overall IT landscape
4. Additional Responsibilities
· Accountable for properly following all IT standards, processes and methodologies as applicable including but not limited to Quality Assurance (QA), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Other responsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Refer to separate handout for Competency definitions:
· JDA MOCA
· Transact SQL
· DDA’s/Page Builder
· JDA Jasper Report Development
· JDA Integrator
· JDA Trace Files
· JDA Database Schema
· JDA Job Maintenance
· JDA Purge & Archive
· Data Modeling Concepts
· Web Technologies
· Web APIs/Web Services (REST & SOAP)
· Integration concepts
· Agile Development
· Source Control
· Windows Server Operating Systems
· SQL Server Profiler
· Microsoft DevOps (or similar e.g., Jira)
· Application monitoring tools
· Java Programming
· Network Concepts
· Virtualization Technologies
· Build Automation
· Source Control
· Automated Regression Testing
· Vocollect Devices
· Application Support
· Agile Project Methodologies
· Software Development Lifecycles
· Warehouse Management
· Business Analysis
· Logistics Industry
· Inventory Management
· Labor Management
· Project Management
· Business use cases